Student life in UCBL/UJM - Health care
French health insurance
Subscribing a student health insurance and civil liability along administrative registration at the University Claude Bernard is compulsory for all students under 28 years old or less at the 1st of October of the academic year.
We'll help you subscribe this insurance (LMDE or SMERRA) at the time of the administrative registration during the induction week. This cost around 220 € (215 € in 2014/2015).
If you're older, than 28 years old, you can benefit from the France's Universal Health Insurance Coverage (“Couverture Maladie Universelle”).
COS students are not concerned (cf. health care included in Marsh insurance cover)
The university health care and prevention office
Or “Médecine Préventive Universitaire” in French, gathers doctors, nurses, a social assistant, a counselor and a nutrition specialist.
They propose the following services:
- General medical check-up;
- Medical certificates (always required to practice sports activities);
- Information, orientation and prevention on all medical related matters;
- Follow-up and re-direction towards necessary medical specialists (if needed);
- Specific help for disabled students.
Medical check-up and over services are available upon appointment, notably to get a medical certificate that might be needed when applying for a Spanish visa in France.