Scholars, Lecturers, Quality Assurance Committee Members
Already Involved Scholars
Regular conferences by LIVE guest researchers and lecturers from and outside our associated partners expose students to the state-of-the-art in scientific research, but also in humanities on vaccinology. We provide all the c.v. of these invited speakers and also the c.v. of the two experts who accepted to participate to the Quality Assurance Committee because they agree to make also a conference for the LIVE students.
Quality Assurance Member
Czerkinsky Cecil (FR) and Stanley Plotkin (USA) instruct the Quality Assurance Scheme as external reviewers.
Future Scholars: From 1 week to 3 months
Are you an expert on vaccinology or regulations applied to vaccinology?
Whatever your view on the subject, from scientific or industrial fields (immunology, infectiology, epidemiology, industrial process or quality) to humanities and laws (public health, health policy, regulations), you will:
The consortium offers each year guest lecturer's funding opportunity with competitive remuneration. Travel and accommodation costs of the visiting scholar are funded by the LIVE consortium. The LIVE course offers 3 to 8 positions / year for a maximum duration of three months to leading academics and practitioners preferentially, but not exclusively, from outside the European Union to contribute to the teaching programme. The scholar will be integrated in the department organising the LIVE Master at the hosting university.
Scholars can be asked :
The lecturers / scholars can apply to the LIVE consortium on their own initiative or can be invited by the LIVE consortium to do so. The application (see details in the next §) should:
Duration of the visit: 1 week to 3 months
The selection is organized and proceeded by the LIVE consortium on the basis of:
Future Scholars: application rules
1. Selection criteria
Applicants must either:
- hold a PhD (or be near completion of one) OR a substantial track-record in the industry
- AND be able to demonstrate their ability to teach at a high level.
We equally welcome professors from higher education institutions as well as practitioners from the private sector. Academic / professional profile is the main criteria that will be used to assess applications.
2. To apply, please send us at firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents in “.pdf” format:
- a CV, including
- A short (no more than 600 words) cover letter laying out what added-value your course proposal could bring to the programme, and notably with respect to student-centred teaching/lecturing, research activities and academic/professional networking;
- A course proposal, including:
- Your LinkedIn page if you have one in the cover email.
- Application are to be sent with the subject line: “LIVE_Guest_Lecturer_Application_SURNAME_NAME.pdf”.
- No handwritten application will be considered.
A selection committee is convened each year in March. Applicants will be informed on selection results at the end of March by email. Please note that the Academic and Management Board may suggest modification of course contents should your proposal be accepted.
The consortium is an equal opportunity employer. Minority individuals, persons with disabilities, and woman are encouraged to apply. The consortium offer support to women who face difficult circumstances or barriers to their full participation in the programme.
Updated on Aug 15, 2021